At ITSM Academy, your privacy is of the highest priority. We do not sell, rent, exchange or otherwise provide your personal information to any third party.
When you register for a course or examination, we obtain only the information needed to complete your transaction. We also obtain information about the services you have purchased. This information is used to complete your transaction, provide the services you have requested, keep you apprised of new products and offerings through our newsletter and improve our course selections and customer service. If you would rather not receive our newsletter, you may send an e-mail to [email protected] with "unsubscribe" as the subject line.
When you use a credit card to register for a course or examination, we use Secure Socket Layering (SSL) to encrypt your personal credit information, including your credit card number, before it travels over the Internet. SSL technology is the industry standard for secure online transactions. Making a credit card purchase online at itsmacademy.com is just as safe as making a credit card purchase over the telephone. If you would prefer to use the phone, just call or 954-491-3442.
Our business includes providing education. Our Policy will govern our collection and use of information about you. In any case. We recommend that you find and read the other company’s policy as well to learn how that company will treat the information about you.
Information That Identifies You
We rely on the information you provide to us as you register, contact us, participate in courses, surveys, post comments to public areas of and interact with our web sites, respond to our email campaigns, and participate in webinars or online events.
We may work to expand our communities by acquiring names and contact details from other sources that have compiled contact information. This information might be public information or data you provided with necessary permissions. We may also invite you to join our communities via third party social and professional networking sites.
Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We gather date, time, certain information about a user’s browser and system or device configuration and capabilities, navigation history and IP address for all visitors to our web sites. We use this information for our internal security audit log, for trend analysis and system administration and to gather broad information about our audiences and their geographic locations.
How We Use Information That Identifies You
We use information about you:
- To provide the services, publications, and information you request and to manage your account with us.
- To deliver or display content that matches your professional interests and responsibilities.
- To contact you with information about and invitations for products and services directed to your professional interests and responsibilities.
- For any other purpose that we tell you about when you give us the information.
You have a choice about and control over:
Connecting directly with other companies for marketing purposes. In addition to providing you with our own editorial content, we offer you the opportunity to access others’ branded content and expertise. When you choose to take advantage of that content or expertise, you choose to have your name and contact details transferred directly to that other company or companies. We will put you in direct contact when you choose to:
- Access a specific webcast, online event, web site, newsletter, or other offering which is sponsored or co-sponsored by another company. If you have enabled our automatic recognition cookie, as described below, you need only click to download or register for the asset or opportunity.
- Register for one of our events with an instructor. We may give your name and contact details to all instructors
- Attend one of our face-to-face events. Instructors will be given an attendance list for the event.
Making information you provide public.
- Our online event venues also require that you be registered with ITSM Academy and allow you to have both public and closed communications with instructors and other participants. Information that identifies you will be published or shared according to your choices.
Receiving email marketing messages from us.
- You may opt out of our email marketing lists by following the directions at the bottom of our promotional emails. To remove a specific email address from all ITSM Academy email marketing you may make a request to [email protected] Academy.com.
Whether your account information is up to date. Please help us keep your account information up to date. You may update most online registrations by consulting the particular web site itself or visiting a preference page after you have logged on to the site.
More Information About Cookies
You also have choices about cookies:
Our cookies. We place cookies that identify you, or allow third parties to do so on our behalf, for the following purposes:
- To recognize you automatically when you return to any of our web sites or online offerings or registration pages.
- To understand your interests in content, both our own content and that of other companies, on or across our web sites.
- To control access to gated online events including webinars and virtual events.
- To make an automated record of your interests within a virtual event.
- To manage and follow up on email campaigns.
You may use the tools in your browser to decline, disable, or delete any cookies.
You may choose to be recognized automatically when you visit any ITSM Academy online property or access any co-branded or sponsored content or opportunity, for example, a webinar. We hope this capability makes your experience with us easier. If you do not enable the automatic recognition cookie, or block it after you have allowed it, you will simply be asked to log in or register on every site and as you access or register to attend any co-branded or sponsored offering.
You must accept the session cookie used to manage access to registration-only online events for the duration of your participation in the event.
Disclosure of Information About You
We reserve the right to disclose information about you to third parties in certain circumstances: to vendors that work on our behalf, to law enforcement or other entities that present valid legal process, to protect human safety or our networks or property, or as part of a sale or our merger of business assets.
We collect and process information on servers around the world.
We use reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect personal information against theft, loss, or misuse. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information about you and your professional interests, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you give to us. You remain responsible for protecting your user name and passwords and for the security of information in transit to us over the Internet.
Please note that virtual events may mimic face-to-face events by automatically displaying information about you to other participants in the event. We cannot control how other participants use that displayed information, so please take a moment to make sure you understand how a particular virtual event works and what choices you have within the environment.
Our products, services, events and offerings are directed to professionals. If we create a special offering for children under the age of thirteen, we will also create privacy practices and policies appropriate for that age group.
How to Contact Us
ITSM Academy, Inc.
222 Yamato Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431-4704