**May 22-26 Class is GUARANTEED TO RUN**
The DevOps Test Engineering course specifically addresses testing in a DevOps environment. It describes culture and team aspects for team engineers, test strategies, test infrastructures, test tools, test automation, best practices, test management and analysis. Class culminates with an independent exam. Successfully passing (65%) the 90 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Test Engineer® Certificate.
Undeniably, testing is a vitally important component of any successful IT release. Without the knowledge of proper testing, software can - sometimes very publicly - fail, causing unnecessary downtime, loss of customer trust, and decreased revenues, not to mention perception of a company’s reliability. However, time-to-market pressures are counter-intuitive to traditional software testing best practices.
With the advent of DevOps and the movement to break down silos between developers, QA, security and operations, it becomes critically important that all members of an IT team - regardless of what tools they use, or role they play - understand the essentials of testing.
Learning Objectives: In the DevOps Test Engineering (DTE) course, participants experience an inclusive learning environment focusing on the methodology required for a DevOps culture. Candidates learn a practical understanding of:
- The purpose, benefits, concepts and vocabulary of DevOps testing
- How DevOps testing differs from other types of testing
- The importance all IT roles play within testing
- DevOps testing strategies, test management and results analysis
- DevOps best practices, infrastructure, tools, automation and results analysis
- Strategies for selecting test tools and implementing test automation
- Integration of DevOps testing into Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery workflow
Come ready to participate in lively discussions about improvements, benefits and challenges.
Delivery: Learners are immersed in material that is presented in a fun, practical manner using exercises, sample exam questions and real-world examples.
- Anyone involved in defining or deploying a DevOps testing strategy
- Quality assurance managers
- Testers and quality assurance teams
- Software engineers and DevOps engineers
- IT managers
- Project managers
- Release managers and delivery staff
- Maintenance and support staff
- Anyone involved in testing tool selection
Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional Development Units: ITSM Academy is recognized by PMI as a Global R.E.P. Project Management Professionals earn 16 contact hours or PDUs upon completion of this course.
Instructors: As with all ITSM Academy training, our instructors have successful track records as IT professionals and bring that acumen into the classroom. Utilizing the highest quality content, our trainers blend their real-life experiences into lively classroom discussion.
Trainers for this course are seasoned professionals, hold multiple DevOps, Agile and ITSM industry certifications and have successfully completed ITSM Academy's DTE Train-the-Trainer Program.
Course / Student Materials:
- Instructor led training and exercise facilitation
- Participation in our GAME ON! An Interactive Learning Experience®
- Participation in unique assignments designed to apply concepts
- Access to ITSM Academy's Learner Portal - my.itsmacademy.com - extends the classroom experience with online content and tools
- Digital Learner Manual (excellent post-class reference)
- Learner Personal Action Plan
- Sample documents, templates tools and techniques
- Study aids and sample exams
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- In-class exam preparation
- Exam voucher
- DevOps Foundation certificate
Complete pre-class reading assignment
- General knowledge of software quality assurance testing concepts
Exam & Certification: Class culminates with an independent exam, administered by the DevOps Institute. Successfully passing (65%) the 90 minute examination, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Test Engineer® certificate. Successful candidates are issued Digital Badges to be shared in Social Media.
About The DevOps Institute: This course is accredited by the DevOps Institute (DOI), a global leader in emerging DevOps and Agile Service Management practices. DOI is bringing enterprise level DevOps training and certification to the IT market while setting the standard in quality for enterprise grade DevOps education and training.
Classes Held In:
- Live, Virtual Classroom: Log in with the instructor and the other students - no travel!
- Available through our Courseware Licensing Program
- All ITSM Academy courses, including this one, can you presented at your location - Contact Us, or phone 954. 491. 3442 or use the chat below
ITSM Academy Open Enrollment Class Terms and Conditions.